The Stony Plain & District Chamber of Commerce (SPCC) understands how important it is to for businesses to receive value for their money. We know that you need to see return on your investment. For us, it’s all about offering value to our members and understanding what they need.
While there are many tangible benefits to being a Chamber member, there are numerous intangible benefits as well, such as networking within your local business community. Chamber membership indicates credibility within the community, and states that your business is part of something bigger. Membership with the SPCC automatically enrolls you as a member of the Alberta Chamber of Commerce as well as the Canada Chamber of Commerce, which means that your business has a voice at all levels of government.
Members have the option to participate in a Group Insurance plan, offering coverage for businesses with 1-50 employees, a discount on processing debit and Visa and MasterCard transactions, plus many other value added benefit opportunities.
The Visitor Information Centre welcomes guests from all over the world on a daily basis. Members are invited to bring in their business cards or brochures for display. Our friendly staff will direct business your way.
The SPCC offers businesses a prominent place on the world wide web, using enhanced search engine optimizations that ensure your company is at the top of the list. From our site you can link to your website and social media and customize your own information on your listings. The chamber also promotes our members on our own social feeds, such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. In addition to the online directory, chamber members are featured in the Chamber’s Community Directory Phonebook that makes its way into the homes of all Tri-Area residents. Our staff will walk you through all of the steps to ensure that you’re able to take full advantage of all of the benefits of being listed on our directories.
In addition to our general luncheons, we offer programs such as “Lunch & Learn” where our meeting room is provided to interested businesses who educate invitees about services their business offers. There are frequent breakfast sector meetings where members are offered the opportunity to meet and discuss business issues with your Chamber Board representative, so that your interests can be represented.
Members of the Chamber receive our monthly newsletter full of information that pertains to the community and to local business. Members are also notified of special member events or deals via electronic mail.
Throughout the year we host a multitude of special chamber events such as the Chambers’ Gala Awards night, networking golf tournament, Picnic in the Park, educations sessions, and the Christmas Tree Light Up. We continually work with other groups to help promote the Stony Plain community and our local businesses. Consider sponsoring a chamber event in order to put your business in front of others.
Upon joining the Stony Plain & District Chamber of Commerce, new members immediately receive:
· Recognized credibility of being a chamber member in a community that strongly supports the chamber
· An announcement of new membership and contact information published in the next Chamber Pages (Stony Plain Reporter)
· An announcement of new membership and website published in the chamber e-newsletter
· Membership in the Alberta and Canadian Chambers of Commerce
· Free or discounted access to our many events and business seminars
· A highlighted listing in our annual business directory (Chambers Community Phonebook)
· Monthly business updates with our chamber e-newsletter
· Immediate networking opportunities at our monthly meetings, business mixers and other events
As a member of the Stony Plain & District Chamber of Commerce, you receive great value for your membership. Below are just a few of the main benefits you gain when you join the Chamber:
- Government Advocacy - We are a voice of business in the community, standing up for you and promoting an environment in which business can grow and flourish. Your membership automatically extended to the Alberta Chambers of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce. As such, you and your business are well-represented in the policy-making process of provincial and federal levels of government.
- Credibility - Being a member will show others your commitment to the community. A membership certificate updated annually, posted in your place of business will let others know you are a current Chamber member.
- Member Rates - Members receive discounted rates for monthly meetings, Tri-Municipal Expo, Business Directory, and many other Chamber events.
- Networking - Who you know really does make a difference. Meet important business contacts at the Chamber's business luncheons, trade show, mixers, seminars, workshops, and other social events. Of course, the more you participate in Chamber functions the more you and your business will benefit and the more valuable your membership becomes.
- Seminars and Workshops - Members are welcome to attend Chamber seminars & workshops designed based on membership issues and interests. Chamber members can attend for free or for a discounted rate
- Discounts - Save on products and services such as discounted merchant Visa & MasterCard rates, fuel discounts, Purolator and many more.
- Chamber Group Insurance - Health Benefits With Chamber membership, you are eligible for Chamber Group Insurance. Save money on life, health, disability and dental insurance. The Chamber Group Insurance program offers health and dental benefits, short and long-term disabilities, life, accident and dismemberment, group RRSP and more. For more information, visit www.chamberplan.ca
- Business Directory - As a member, your name will be highlighted in the annual Business Directory, the Chambers Community Phonebook, distributed free of charge in the Tri-Municipal area
- Sponsorship Opportunities - If you're looking for an exciting, low-cost way to put your company in front of other business professionals, consider the benefits of sponsoring a Chamber program, event or meeting
- Publicity - You'll build name awareness through our print, internet, display and event exposure.
- Volunteer Opportunities - You'll get extra value from your chamber membership by being actively involved in our programs and events.
- Referrals - The Chamber is contacted regularly for business referrals in which we are always happy to promote our members.
- Grand Openings & Special Events - Create more awareness for your grand opening or special event by inviting one of our representatives to attend and bring 'Greetings' on behalf of the Chamber.
- Chamber eLearning - We offer hundreds of courses covering strategy, accounting and finance, management skills and leadership, sales and marketing, human resources, health and safety and Desktop PC topics. Courses are available 24/7 from home or office. Self-paced internet learning is the lowest cost, yet most effective training available anywhere. For more information http://www.chamberelearning.ca/
All offers on this page are exclusive to Chamber of Commerce members only. Chamber members can participate in all programs at the same time. For information on joining the Chamber, click here